Wednesday 10 December 2014

The World's Most Boring TV Show... And Why It's Addictive #SlowTV

I was lucky enough to see part of this live 5.5 day ferry voyage along the coast of Norway when in Oslo last year, and I wondered what I was watching. For the 30 mins or so I was glued to it in my hotel room, I saw a load of people run out of their house, and start waving. In the background, you could see someone else sat on a sofa, with his back to the camera watching the show on his TV, too lazy to get up and simply waving, so not to disrupt the action. The action, that he was part of. I went out for the evening, came back hours later, switched on the TV, and watched again as the ship sailed in open seas, with nothing to look at, and the occasional song. Great stuff.

Yes, this is a TED talk, but a good one. I hope someone in the UK has the balls to do something similar, I think it'll also be a ratings winner.

By the way, pretty impressive conference centre Arendal!

If you'd like to experience 4 hours of the show, then you are in luck;

No comments:

Post a Comment